Burglars have become smarter over the years and they know who to target and when. No longer is a burglar a blundering fool the way they are often depicted on TV, especially in comedy shows. They don’t wear striped tops and black berets while carrying a bag with the word “Swag” on it.
Burglars are smart. Burglars aren’t easy to spot – they look like anyone else. And with smart tools they can break into any house and find where you have hidden your valuables.
How to stop your home being targeted:
- Lock all your doors even when you’re inside.
- Don’t leave first-floor windows open.
- Don’t let mail pile up. On the inside of your front door put a container which catches all your mail from the letter box.
- Don’t post holiday photos online anywhere until you’ve returned and never say you’re going away.
- Have security lights at the front and back of your property so anyone approaching is illuminated. Have them installed high up so they cant be tampered with.
- Burglars like an easy job – make it as difficult for them as possible for them and you’re far less likely to be targeted.
Consider storing your valuables at Neelkanth Safe Deposit!
- It is safe, secure and affordable.
- State of the art security systems.
- 24/7, 365 days round the clock monitoring with Police response.
- Fireproof vault & safe from natural disasters.
- Access for registered members only.
- FCA regulated.
Reporting crime to the police
If you witness a crime, report it by calling 101 or, in an emergency, call 999. You can also report crime online at https://www.met.police.uk/
Stay alert! Stay safe! Secure your valuables!